Credit: Warner Bros.
What began as a typical post from a Zack Snyder fan laments the loss of the director’s vision for the film. D.C. The shared universe spiraled out of control Friday into a full-blown meme, thanks to various Reddit user antics on the r/DC_Cinematic subreddit.
“WB Already Had Plans Called Snyderverse,” was the caption of the first fully honest post from Reddit user u/Longjumping_Report72, where Warner Bros. DC following the formation of the company.
With over 2,000 upvotes in less than a day, it didn’t take long for the post to be parodied and forgotten by other users. It was a wake-up call to the many seemingly failed DC cinematic universes that have unfolded over the years.
For example, Tim Burton was acclaimed Batman Late 1980s/early 90s duology starring Michael Keaton. However, Reddit user u/Nindroidgamer110 pointed out that if Burton’s planned Superman movie, which was supposed to star Nicolas Cage, didn’t fail, there could possibly have been a “Burtonverse.”
If that’s not enough, Mad Max Fury Road Directed by George Miller There was a DC project in the works that was finally shelved called Justice league: MortalIt may have been the superhero franchise that launched DC into the box office stratosphere. Reddit user u/HourDetective certainly thinks so.
“They had a plan. I made a satirical post. small building.
In what can only be described as a deep cut, Reddit user u/egomann also mentioned the 1997 made-for-TV movie. justice league of americaaired on CBS to Critical Panning.
And of course, The CW’s current Arrowverse is allowed to post its own by Reddit user u/MandrewManson.
even the obscure superhero legend The miniseries, which starred Adam West as Batman and aired on NBC in 1979, was critically acclaimed by Reddit user u/TheDjSKP.
Given that the film franchise seems to have struggled for years to maintain the same quality and quantity of movies pumped out by Disney’s Marvel Cinematic Universe, DC fans still have a sense of humor. Good luck with your fandom.
- An Action Thriller Subjected to an Awful Remake Gets Trafficked Onto the Netflix Charts
- Donald Trump Coincidentally Announces His 2024 Campaign on the 30th Anniversary of ‘Home Alone 2’
- One Family Heirloom Has More Kills Than Any Other Lightsaber in ‘Star Wars’
- ‘Wakanda Forever’ Producer Opens Up About Choosing The Next Black Panther
- Namor Stans Lock Horns With Aquaman Loyalists Over Which Underwater Ruler Is More Badass
- The Least Popular Part of ‘Black Panther 2’ Appears to Have Been Settled On
- The Haunting Breakthrough Hit for a Future Horror Icon Makes Evil Eyes on Streaming
- Disney Has Found Yet Another Classic Franchise to Reboot as James Cameron Shares Foul-Mouthed Preview of ‘Avatar 2′
- ‘Wakanda Forever’ Cuts LGBTQ+ Scene For Release in Middle East
- ‘Gears of War’ Fans Rally Around Dave Bautista With Demands for Netflix