Amy Sussman/Getty Images)
While critics lashed out at Jurassic world: Dominion, the film was a global blockbuster, earning almost a billion at the box office. Dichen Lachman, who plays Soyona Santos, said she was interested in a spin-off of her character from the film.
in an interview with IlluminatiLachman revealed that she was very interested in her character’s backstory and wanted to give her as much depth as possible.
“I really wanted to make her point. It’s a world with dinosaurs, and it’s a fantasy world.
So Lachman created a complete story of Soyona with a complete origin story. And I think there are fighting dinosaurs, two velociraptors that were also found in Mongolia, so I think all of the dinosaurs are hers. I thought it came from my mother and her fossil smuggling days.
The story “might be like a movie in itself,” she said.
She also provided opinions to Soyona in other ways. While the original version of her character only had a remote control and a phone, Lachman shared that she came up with something she found more interesting.
“I think she’s got something cooler than that, and I was thinking about gadgets. So before I met[colin Trevorrow, the director]I sketched all the necklaces, bracelets, etc. I designed this bracelet with a sliding remote control and pitched it to him when I first met him in London and he said, let me think about it.I like it, but let me think for a second.And , unusually, he liked it.”
Lachman has had a bit of a career lately, including starring in a Netflix show Altered CarbonTNT Drama animal kingdom And important darling roles retirement on Apple TV Plus. She credits her success to lucky circumstances.
“I don’t know how I got so lucky,” she said. “I’ve been very lucky and blessed with my career and the roles I’ve been able to play.”
Jurassic world: Dominion is currently streaming on Peacock. You can check out the full interview with Lachman below.
- An Action Thriller Subjected to an Awful Remake Gets Trafficked Onto the Netflix Charts
- Donald Trump Coincidentally Announces His 2024 Campaign on the 30th Anniversary of ‘Home Alone 2’
- One Family Heirloom Has More Kills Than Any Other Lightsaber in ‘Star Wars’
- ‘Wakanda Forever’ Producer Opens Up About Choosing The Next Black Panther
- Namor Stans Lock Horns With Aquaman Loyalists Over Which Underwater Ruler Is More Badass
- The Least Popular Part of ‘Black Panther 2’ Appears to Have Been Settled On
- The Haunting Breakthrough Hit for a Future Horror Icon Makes Evil Eyes on Streaming
- Disney Has Found Yet Another Classic Franchise to Reboot as James Cameron Shares Foul-Mouthed Preview of ‘Avatar 2′
- ‘Wakanda Forever’ Cuts LGBTQ+ Scene For Release in Middle East
- ‘Gears of War’ Fans Rally Around Dave Bautista With Demands for Netflix