Image by Killer Films/Focus Features
Thrillers starring acclaimed Mark Ruffalo Based on real events, the streaming charts are rising this week.
dark waters It reached the top 10 on Netflix in more than 13 countries around the world, climbing to #4 in Mexico, Nicaragua, Uruguay and Argentina. It also reached the top 10 on Amazon Prime Video in Germany and the UK, according to. flick patrolIt’s doing even better on iTunes worldwide, especially in New Zealand, Ireland, Brazil and Australia.
Released in 2019, the film follows a man who takes on one of the world’s biggest corporations and the consequences. Here’s the synopsis:
“A tenacious lawyer uncovers dark secrets that link a growing number of unexplained deaths to one of the world’s largest corporations. I realize that I am putting myself at risk.”
The movie is a retelling of the 2016 story New York Times Magazine An article first told in the 2007 book, “The Lawyer Became DuPont’s Worst Nightmare”, Smudge Resistant, Non-Tacky, Waterproof, Lethal: The Hidden Dangers of C8 By journalist Callie Lyons.
The conspiracy involves corporate defense attorney Robert Bilott (Ruffalo), who has been commissioned to investigate an unexplained animal death in Parkersburg, West Virginia. The man who commissioned Bilott to investigate provides him with a case of tape linking the deaths to the chemical manufacturing company DuPont.
Check out the trailer below.
Ruffalo commented on the dark subject matter and what it means to him in a recent interview mens journal. of the avengers The actor explains that the film resembles a horror film more than a political drama, and he watched the original videotape and saw sick and moribund cows and dead animals all over the farm. Some of the scenes were cut into the film.
“I was watching the video and it was incredibly upsetting. There were other moments, but they were also terrifying. In fact, when you play against such a powerful company, you can’t help but get a little paranoid.”
Ruffalo is also a well-known environmental activist.He teamed up with Greta Thunberg And called President Biden Strict Investing in clean energy. “I am always looking for material to support those efforts. Rob added that he was a hero who had “a long, hard road.”
dark waters is streaming on various platforms, including Netflix and Prime Video.
- An Action Thriller Subjected to an Awful Remake Gets Trafficked Onto the Netflix Charts
- Donald Trump Coincidentally Announces His 2024 Campaign on the 30th Anniversary of ‘Home Alone 2’
- One Family Heirloom Has More Kills Than Any Other Lightsaber in ‘Star Wars’
- ‘Wakanda Forever’ Producer Opens Up About Choosing The Next Black Panther
- Namor Stans Lock Horns With Aquaman Loyalists Over Which Underwater Ruler Is More Badass
- The Least Popular Part of ‘Black Panther 2’ Appears to Have Been Settled On
- The Haunting Breakthrough Hit for a Future Horror Icon Makes Evil Eyes on Streaming
- Disney Has Found Yet Another Classic Franchise to Reboot as James Cameron Shares Foul-Mouthed Preview of ‘Avatar 2′
- ‘Wakanda Forever’ Cuts LGBTQ+ Scene For Release in Middle East
- ‘Gears of War’ Fans Rally Around Dave Bautista With Demands for Netflix