Image via Marvel Studios
oh how far Marvel Cinematic Universe came. From the humble beginnings of Edward Norton’s short-lived run as the Hulk to Tatiana Maslany’s twisted and happy turn as her Hulk, the MCU has entered 15 of the most beloved entertainment years in recent history. It’s getting closer, and it’s showing no signs of slowing down.
Now that the franchise is in the prime of adolescence, it may be the perfect time to reflect on such age-related changes. Jr.’s Iron Man, Scarlett Johansson’s Black Widow and, let’s not forget, the original comic-centric opening. A sequence lost in a more modern and flashy rendition featuring major characters and moments from across the MCU.
In fact, one of r/marvelstudios’ nostalgic users poked his nose into this bizarre retreat and somehow got the attention of quite a few of the subreddit’s more opinionated members.
One user identified the first opening as an ode to the MCU’s source material, but the modern one we’re all familiar with by now is a dedication to the MCU itself, symbolically leading the way. We focused on the taste of the first opening because it seemed like it would be amazing content on the big screen.
Another user admitted that this old intro left a sour taste in his mouth, but now it looks more like Sony’s library of Marvel content than anything else.
Another responder joined the original poster on this side of the fence and lamented how redundant the current poster is, especially how often it pops up during Disney Plus shows.
Say what you want about the MCU. But this fanbase has conversations about just about every detail.
- An Action Thriller Subjected to an Awful Remake Gets Trafficked Onto the Netflix Charts
- Donald Trump Coincidentally Announces His 2024 Campaign on the 30th Anniversary of ‘Home Alone 2’
- One Family Heirloom Has More Kills Than Any Other Lightsaber in ‘Star Wars’
- ‘Wakanda Forever’ Producer Opens Up About Choosing The Next Black Panther
- Namor Stans Lock Horns With Aquaman Loyalists Over Which Underwater Ruler Is More Badass
- The Least Popular Part of ‘Black Panther 2’ Appears to Have Been Settled On
- The Haunting Breakthrough Hit for a Future Horror Icon Makes Evil Eyes on Streaming
- Disney Has Found Yet Another Classic Franchise to Reboot as James Cameron Shares Foul-Mouthed Preview of ‘Avatar 2′
- ‘Wakanda Forever’ Cuts LGBTQ+ Scene For Release in Middle East
- ‘Gears of War’ Fans Rally Around Dave Bautista With Demands for Netflix