Image via Marvel Studios
The Mouse House has proven time and time again that they can play a little fast and loose when it comes to advocating for queer people. It’s not too late to embrace standards, but when it comes to international markets, the name of the game is profit. Blown away by the trumpet of diversity and expression.
A recent unfortunate example of this is Black Panther: Wakanda Foreverthe film already criticized an interim way to reach that goalpostIt basically comes down to a barely discernable sequence involving Michaela Koel’s Aneka and Florence Kasumba’s Ayo, the former kissing her on the forehead.
But according to hollywood reportereven the shadow of its influence was enough to cause problems for Disney in international markets, especially in the Middle East.
Of course, other scenes are also cut. So the scene where a woman gives birth to a child and says something like “God to his people.” pitchfork.
Curiously, Kuwait is the only country to insist on these edits. Wakanda Forever Screenings in places such as Saudi Arabia, Oman and Bahrain remain intact. Perhaps the meaning of the scene was too subtle for anyone to wrap their heads around, especially since we’re talking about a country that cracks down on references to its queer community.
Black Panther: Wakanda Forever It is currently playing in theaters around the world.You can read We Got This Covered’s review of the Phase 4 sequel here.
- An Action Thriller Subjected to an Awful Remake Gets Trafficked Onto the Netflix Charts
- Donald Trump Coincidentally Announces His 2024 Campaign on the 30th Anniversary of ‘Home Alone 2’
- One Family Heirloom Has More Kills Than Any Other Lightsaber in ‘Star Wars’
- ‘Wakanda Forever’ Producer Opens Up About Choosing The Next Black Panther
- Namor Stans Lock Horns With Aquaman Loyalists Over Which Underwater Ruler Is More Badass
- The Least Popular Part of ‘Black Panther 2’ Appears to Have Been Settled On
- The Haunting Breakthrough Hit for a Future Horror Icon Makes Evil Eyes on Streaming
- Disney Has Found Yet Another Classic Franchise to Reboot as James Cameron Shares Foul-Mouthed Preview of ‘Avatar 2′
- ‘Wakanda Forever’ Cuts LGBTQ+ Scene For Release in Middle East
- ‘Gears of War’ Fans Rally Around Dave Bautista With Demands for Netflix