Via Marvel Studios
now Black Panther: Wakanda Forever is here, single-handedly pulling in more money than the national GDP of a small country, so we can start talking about some of the casting choices and decisions that need to be made story-wise. It’s been very clear that T’Challa will not be recast after the death of Chadwick Boseman on .
Producer Nate Moore talksMarvel.comrevealed that it could have chosen one of the other characters black panther It’s a universe that takes on the mantle of a superhero, but it felt like the only choice that was right was Letitia Wright, the actress who plays T’Challa’s sister Shuri.
“[Shuri] It felt like the most organic storytelling choice,” he said. “We had a performer who knew she could do it if she agreed. We didn’t explore other options thoroughly because it felt like this was the right thing to do.”
Moore revealed that he was surprised when he was told Shuri would be the next iteration of the character, and that he “wanted to do it right with this franchise.” I wasn’t sure if I ever imagined carrying a movie, but she was 100% game. I think it’s a credit to her and her spirit. “
“She understood what A meant to people in general, and B understood what this franchise meant to Chadwick as an artist and performer. … come to her and say, hey, we want to continue this franchise and think you’re the right person to be at the center of it. I never shied away from responsibility.”
After realizing that the film’s theme would center around T’Challa’s death, director Ryan Coogler asked, “Who is most affected by it? It became clear that it should be the Nexus.” Interestingly, the character Shuri never imagined herself to be the Black Panther.
“She always imagined that when my brother was going to be a Black Panther and he was too old to be a Black Panther, I would be too old to be a Black Panther either. It was never on her mind to have to do. [make her] The most interesting character to actually do that. “
Black Panther: Wakanda Forever Currently showing in theaters nationwide.
- An Action Thriller Subjected to an Awful Remake Gets Trafficked Onto the Netflix Charts
- Donald Trump Coincidentally Announces His 2024 Campaign on the 30th Anniversary of ‘Home Alone 2’
- One Family Heirloom Has More Kills Than Any Other Lightsaber in ‘Star Wars’
- ‘Wakanda Forever’ Producer Opens Up About Choosing The Next Black Panther
- Namor Stans Lock Horns With Aquaman Loyalists Over Which Underwater Ruler Is More Badass
- The Least Popular Part of ‘Black Panther 2’ Appears to Have Been Settled On
- The Haunting Breakthrough Hit for a Future Horror Icon Makes Evil Eyes on Streaming
- Disney Has Found Yet Another Classic Franchise to Reboot as James Cameron Shares Foul-Mouthed Preview of ‘Avatar 2′
- ‘Wakanda Forever’ Cuts LGBTQ+ Scene For Release in Middle East
- ‘Gears of War’ Fans Rally Around Dave Bautista With Demands for Netflix